Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Parasha Prayers - Prayer for a New Beginning

 Parashat Bereishit
Prayer for a New Beginning 
of Reuniting with the Harmonious Symphony of Creation


“Bereishit” – Hashem please grant me a new, fresh beginning!
I yearn for Your bright light to guide us so we can stop sinning.  

Let the light penetrate the painful darkness of my void and desolation.
“Let there be light” to turn throbbing sorrow into cheerful celebration. 

Grant me the light that is so good! And let me know that it is good! 
To illuminate the good points in my life the way only Your light could!

With the water dividing expanse, teach me to separate, what no longer serves me. 
Wash away all the smuts of judgment, negativity, and anxious worry, to set me free!

Let my heart sprout forth abundant lush, green, plant life, bearing loving fruit
May I overcome my need to be nurtured, by giving to others in nurturing pursuit!

I’d love to be a fruitful tree in whose shade you can sit.
We can share our blessings and keep each other uplit.

Like the soft glow of the moon, reflecting the light of the sun,
may I reflect Your light in all the actions I do, even on the run.   

I yearn to unwind in my hammock while listening to the birds sing. 
Their voice of prophecy rings, while in the tree branches they swing.

Oh, Hashem how I yearn to know that You grant our wish. 
Please protect us from any harm, like You protect the fish!

The horse across the street neighs, and the neighbor’s goats bleat.
Our kitty cat stretches its paws, meowing for its afternoon treat. 

Thank you, Hashem for not creating me a donkey or any other beast. 
Help me actualize the image of G-d, in which I’m created and released! 

Allow me to overcome pettiness and unite with my other half-day by day.
Only together can we become the complete image in the very highest way.

Let the meditative, peaceful Shabbat envelop us with streams of love, 
in the restful space of just being and giving praise to the One Above. 

May we become one, reuniting with the harmonious symphony of the entire creation.
Letting the Divine Indwelling Presence manifest through us is the truest liberation!


Based On Bereishit (Genesis) Chapter one: 
Verse 1: In the beginning of G-d’s creation of the heavens and the earth.

Verse 2: Now the earth was astonishingly empty, and darkness was on the face of the deep, and the spirit of G-d was hovering over the face of the water.

Verse 3: And G-d said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Verse 4: And G-d saw the light that it was good, and G-d separated between the light and between the darkness.

Verse 6: “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the water, and let it be a separation between water and water.” 

Verse 11: And G-d said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, seed yielding herbs and fruit trees producing fruit according to its kind in which its seed is found, on the earth,” and it was so.

Verse 14: And G-d made the two great luminaries: the great luminary to rule the day and the lesser luminary to rule the night, and the stars.

Verse 17: And G-d placed them in the expanse of the heavens to shed light upon the earth.

Verse 20: And G-d said, “Let the waters swarm a swarming of living creatures, and let birds fly over the earth, across the expanse of the heavens.”

Verse 24: And G-d said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kind, cattle and creeping things and the beasts of the earth according to their kind”… 

Verse 27: And G-d created man in His image; in the image of G-d He created him; male and female He created them.

Verse Chapter 2, Verse 3: And G-d blessed the seventh day and He hallowed it, for thereon He abstained from all His work that G-d created to do.


1 comment: