Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Prayer for Spiritual Rebirth and For Detaching from All that No Longer Serves Us

Parashat Bamidbar

Prayer for Spiritual Rebirth and For Detaching from All that No Longer Serves Us

 
Hashem, I need a complete spiritual reset.
Please help me with all the old baggage to forget!
 
Erase the stressful memories with Your magic wand!
Let me revel in the bare mountains and silky sand!
 
From stressful obligations let me get away
Do they serve anyone at the end of the day?
 
From the mundane life, I need a break
allow my suffocated soul to awake!
 
In the barren wilderness, I can hear Your voice.
With the static gone I can make my mindful choice.
 
Help me let go and receive!
open my heart to perceive!
 
When I learn to go with the flow,
allow me Your Torah to know!
 
Unburden my information overload!
Teach me Your innermost secret code!
 
On my spiritual journey let me embark!
Help me tap into my personal divine spark!
 
In the open desert space
let me find my truest place!
 
Guide me to understand my real worth!
Assist me in the process of rebirth! 
 
From the murky mud, I long to detach.
From confining shells help me to hatch!
 
Let me break free of all the constraining strings,
to take refuge under Your compassionate wings!
 
May Your light always guide my ways!
and my soul keeps singing Your praise!


Based on Bamidbar Chapter 1 verse 1, 18 and Chapter 2 verse 2:
 
ספר במדבר פרק א פסוק א
וַיְדַבֵּר הָשֵׁם אֶל משֶׁה בְּמִדְבַּר סִינַי בְּאֹהֶל מוֹעֵד בְּאֶחָד לַחֹדֶשׁ הַשֵּׁנִי בַּשָּׁנָה הַשֵּׁנִית לְצֵאתָם מֵאֶרֶץ מִצְרַיִם לֵאמֹר:
“Hashem spoke to Moshe in the Sinai Desert, in the Tent of Meeting on the first day of the second month, in the second year after the exodus from the land of Egypt, saying” (Bamidbar 1:1).
 
ספר במדבר פרק א פסוק יח וְאֵת כָּל הָעֵדָה הִקְהִילוּ בְּאֶחָד לַחֹדֶשׁ הַשֵּׁנִי וַיִּתְיַלְדוּ עַל מִשְׁפְּחֹתָם לְבֵית אֲבֹתָם בְּמִסְפַּר שֵׁמוֹת מִבֶּן עֶשְׂרִים שָׁנָה וָמַעְלָה לְגֻלְגְּלֹתָם
“The entire congregation assembled together on the first day of the second month,וַיִּתְיַלְדוּ /veyitvaldu, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by their fathers’ houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.”
 
רש"י על במדבר פרק א פסוק יח
ויתילדו על משפחותם - הביאו ספרי יחוסיהם ועידי חזקת לידתם כל אחד ואחד להתייחס על השבט:
THEY DECLARED THEIR PEDIGREES ACCORDING TO THEIR FAMILIES - They brought the records of their pedigrees and witnesses of their birth claims so that each one should trace his genealogy to a tribe (Rashi, Bamidbar 1:18).
 
Rabbi Yisroel Sisskind notices the special meaning of the word (וַיִּתְיַלְדוּ – veyitvaldu), which appears only once in all of the Tanach (Pentateuch). Literally, this word means that the Israelites gave birth to themselves. Yet, Rashi explains that “they accounted for and gave bona fides for their genealogical descent, thereby proving their right to claim membership in a particular tribe.” Rabbi Sisskind asks, why use such a unique form of the verb “to give birth to oneself” as a way of saying “they presented their family records”? It is possible that by researching our family tree and realigning ourselves with our ancestors we can become aware of our source and who we really are. This is similar to giving birth to ourselves. May we all merit to give birth to our true selves and reconnect with our particular portion in Torah! 
ספר במדבר פרק ב פסוק ב אִישׁ עַל דִּגְלוֹ בְאֹתֹת לְבֵית אֲבֹתָם יַחֲנוּ בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל מִנֶּגֶד סָבִיב לְאֹהֶל מוֹעֵד יַחֲנוּ:
“The children of Israel shall encamp each man by his division with the flagstaffs of their fathers' house; some distance from the Tent of Meeting they shall encamp” (Bamidbar 2:2).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment