Thursday, January 20, 2022

Prayer for Receiving the Torah Anew, Absorbing it Completely and Sharing it with the World

Parashat Yitro


Prayer for Receiving the Torah Anew, Absorbing it Completely
and Sharing it with the World
 
Hashem, please fulfill my yearning to receive Your Torah anew,
so, I will know how to serve You and what You want me to do!
 
I yearn for a personal revelation to begin,
allowing me to absorb Your Torah within.
 
Please help my soul and body to reflect Your will,
enabling me even the hard halachot to fulfill!
 
Strengthen my emunah, even if I don’t understand,
as if I heard the commands directly from You firsthand!
 
Let me tap into the commitment of the Israelites to You,
when they declared, “All that Hashem has spoken we shall do!”
 
May Your spirit guide me to understand Your secrets so deep and sweet,
enabling me to convey them to more students and to everyone I meet!
 
Just as the succulent first fruits are ripening on the trees,
let me be part of sharing Your Torah and make it increase!
 
Like the exquisite ripening fruits shining their lights,
open my heart and grant me brand new Torah insights!
 
Let Your Torah fill my heart and be on my lips,
in my guts, in my steps and in my fingertips!
 
Let me remember the Torah and put it to pen,
for others to keep learning and repeat it again!
 
May Your Torah transform us to become pure,
penetrating and unblocking all the obscure!
 
Then all our fears will gradually melt away,
Turning gloomy nights to the brightness of day!
 
May Your Torah enlighten and grant us clarity,
to become united and overcome polarity!
 
With Your Torah, we can overcome all accusations.
Then we can finally become a light to the nations!  



Based on the Book of Shemot Chapter 19 especially verse 8 and 9:

ספר שמות פרק יט פסוק ח
 וַיַּעֲנוּ כָל הָעָם יַחְדָּו וַיֹּאמְרוּ כֹּל אֲשֶׁר דִּבֶּר הָשֵׁם נַעֲשֶׂה וַיָּשֶׁב משֶׁה אֶת דִּבְרֵי הָעָם אֶל הָשֵׁם: (ט) וַיֹּאמֶר הָשֵׁם אֶל משֶׁה הִנֵּה אָנֹכִי בָּא אֵלֶיךָ בְּעַב הֶעָנָן בַּעֲבוּר יִשְׁמַע הָעָם בְּדַבְּרִי עִמָּךְ וְגַם בְּךָ יַאֲמִינוּ לְעוֹלָם וַיַּגֵּד משֶׁה אֶת דִּבְרֵי הָעָם אֶל הָשֵׁם:
“Then all the people replied in unison and said, ‘All that Hashem has spoken we shall do!’  and Moshe took the words of the people back to Hashem. And Hashem said to Moshe, ‘Behold, I am coming to you in the thickness of the cloud, in order that the people hear when I speak to you, and they will also believe in you forever.’ Then Moshe relayed the words of the people to Hashem” (Shemot 19:8). 

ספר ישעיה פרק מב פסוק ו אֲנִי הָשֵׁם קְרָאתִיךָ בְצֶדֶק וְאַחְזֵק בְּיָדֶךָ וְאֶצָּרְךָ וְאֶתֶּנְךָ לִבְרִית עָם לְאוֹר גּוֹיִם:

“I am Hashem; I called you with righteousness and I will strengthen your hand; and I formed you, and I made you for a people's covenant, for a light to nations” (Yesha’yahu 42:6).

ספר ירמיה פרק לא פסוק לג וְלֹא יְלַמְּדוּ עוֹד אִישׁ אֶת רֵעֵהוּ וְאִישׁ אֶת אָחִיו לֵאמֹר דְּעוּ אֶת הָשֵׁם כִּי כוּלָּם יֵדְעוּ אוֹתִי לְמִקְטַנָּם וְעַד גְּדוֹלָם נְאֻם יְדֹוָד כִּי אֶסְלַח לַעֲוֹנָם וּלְחַטָּאתָם לֹא אֶזְכָּר עוֹד:

A person will no longer teach his friend for everyone will know Him, from their smallest to their greatest” (Yirmeyahu 31:33). 

ספר תהילים פרק מ פסוק ט לַעֲשׂוֹת רְצוֹנְךָ אֱלֹהַי חָפָצְתִּי וְתוֹרָתְךָ בְּתוֹךְ מֵעָי:

“To do your will my G-d I desired and your Torah inside of my inwards” (Tehillim 40:9).

 …In the future, everyone will rectify his soul to the root and raise up all the holy sparks so the exterior [husks] will be completely nullified. Then the clear Divine Light will appear in all the worlds. The circle and the line will then become equal. There will no longer be [different levels of] male and female, for everyone, will equally grasp the light of His Divinity. This is like a circle that has neither beginning nor end, like the perimeter surrounding the vineyard, each point in the circle is equidistant from its center. [Thus, in the future] no-one will ever need to learn from another because everyone will perceive the clear light of G-d equally as it is written, “A person will no longer teach his friend for everyone will know Him, from their smallest to their greatest” (Yirmeyahu 31:33); (Meor VaShemesh, Parashat BeShalach).


1 comment:

  1. How lovely, may it become the reality for all of us and all Jews! (Leon Sutton)

    ReplyDelete