Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Prayer for Guidance, Spiritual Revelations and Success

 

Parashat Vayera
Prayer for Guidance, Spiritual Revelations and Success


Hashem just as You appeared to Avraham in the heat of the day,
I wish You would also appear to me, even in a very small way.
 
Guide me! Help me, reveal Yourself, and let your Presence show!
Where do I need to improve, and where do You want me to go?
 
So many multitudes of distractions in my life blur Your presence,
help me weed out the extras and reconnect to my inner essence!  
 
Where are all Your hosts of angels that You perpetually send?
Can You spare just one for me, who could help me to ascend? 
 
Please send Your holy angels from the highest heaven Above,  
to watch over all those precious souls that I treasure and love.
 
Where is Michael’s chesed, Gavriel’s strength and the healing of Refael?
Let me get a glimpse of your servants, ensuring that everyone stays well!
 
I know we can’t rely on miracles, but may I anyway ask for one?
Even if I’m not deserving like Sarah, whom You granted a son.
 
Just like Avraham prayed and pleaded to save Sodom,
I implore You to remove the plague and bring us shalom.
 
As Sarah conceived, I pray to conceive of spiritual offspring,
to keep learning Your deepest Torah, pray together and sing!  
 
I’m not afraid of working hard and digging deep wells,
helping Your world purify from all of the murky shells.
 
Show me the places to dig, to find the purest waters!
Let it emerge to cleanse all of your lovely daughters! 
 
Please give me only the hardships and tests that I can easily pass,
So I can continue to serve You, emerging from my tower of glass.
 
Teach me to behold Your presence in everything that I do.
Let me learn from your servant, Avraham, to only fear You.  
 
I deeply desire to engage in Your Torah and in good deeds.
Please bless me Hashem, with abundance and let me succeed!

Based on Bereishit (Genesis) Chapters 18, 21, and 22

:ספר בראשית פרק יח פסוק א וַיֵּרָא אֵלָיו הָשֵׁם בְּאֵלֹנֵי מַמְרֵא וְהוּא ישֵׁב פֶּתַח הָאֹהֶל כְּחֹם הַיּוֹם
“Now Hashem appeared to him in the plains of Mamre, and he was sitting at the entrance of the tent in the heat of the day” (Bereishit 18:1).
ספר בראשית פרק יח פסוק ב 
:וַיִּשָּׂא עֵינָיו וַיַּרְא וְהִנֵּה שְׁלשָׁה אֲנָשִׁים נִצָּבִים עָלָיו וַיַּרְא וַיָּרָץ לִקְרָאתָם מִפֶּתַח הָאֹהֶל וַיִּשְׁתַּחוּ אָרְצָה
“Then he lifted his eyes and saw, and behold, three men were standing beside him, and he saw, and he ran toward them from the entrance of the tent, and he prostrated himself to the ground” (Bereishit 18:2).
רבנו בחיי על בראשית פרק יח פסוק ב
 ...והמלאכים האלה היו מיכאל רפאל גבריאל, מיכאל בא לבשר את שרה ולהציל את לוט שהם שתי שליחות חסד ורחמים, רפאל לרפאות את אברהם, גבריאל להפוך את סדום...ם
These angels were Michael, Refael and Gavriel. Michael came to tell the good tidings to Sarah (chesed/kindness) and to save Lot (rachamim/compassion); Refael to heal Avraham; and Gavriel to overturn Sodom (Rabbeinu Bachaya, Bereishit 18:2).

:ספר בראשית פרק יח פסוק כז וַיַּעַן אַבְרָהָם וַיֹּאמַר הִנֵּה נָא הוֹאַלְתִּי לְדַבֵּר אֶל אֲדֹנָי וְאָנֹכִי עָפָר וָאֵפֶר
 :אוּלַי יַחְסְרוּן חֲמִשִּׁים הַצַּדִּיקִם חֲמִשָּׁה הֲתַשְׁחִית בַּחֲמִשָּׁה אֶת כָּל הָעִיר וַיֹּאמֶר לֹא אַשְׁחִית אִם אֶמְצָא שָׁם אַרְבָּעִים וַחֲמִשָּׁה
“Avraham answered and said, ‘Behold now I have commenced to speak to G-d, although I am dust and ashes. Perhaps the fifty righteous men will be missing five. Will You destroy the entire city because of five?’ He said, ‘I will not destroy if I find there forty-five’” (Bereishit 18:27-28).

:ספר בראשית פרק כא פסוק א וַהָשֵׁם פָּקַד אֶת שָׂרָה כַּאֲשֶׁר אָמָר וַיַּעַשׂ הָשֵׁם לְשָׂרָה כַּאֲשֶׁר דִּבֵּר
:וַתַּהַר וַתֵּלֶד שָׂרָה לְאַבְרָהָם בֵּן לִזְקֻנָיו לַמּוֹעֵד אֲשֶׁר דִּבֶּר אֹתוֹ אֱלֹהִים
“Then Hashem remembered Sarah as He had said, and Hashem did to Sarah as He had spoken. And Sarah conceived and bore a son to Avraham in his old age, at the time of which G-d had spoken to him (Bereishit 21:1-2).
:ספר בראשית פרק כא פסוק ל ...תִּהְיֶה לִּי לְעֵדָה כִּי חָפַרְתִּי אֶת הַבְּאֵר הַזֹּאת: כִּי חָפַרְתִּי אֶת הַבְּאֵר הַזֹּאת
“…in order that it be to me for a witness that I dug this well” (Bereishit 21:30). 

וַיְהִי אַחַר הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה וְהָאֱלֹהִים נִסָּה אֶת אַבְרָהָם וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלָיו אַבְרָהָם וַיֹּאמֶר הִנֵּנִי:ספר בראשית פרק כב פסוק א 
“Then it came to pass after these things, that G-d tested Avraham, and He said to him, ‘Avraham,’ and he said, ‘Here I am (Bereishit 22:1).
...ספר בראשית פרק כב פסוק יב ...כִּי עַתָּה יָדַעְתִּי כִּי יְרֵא אֱלֹהִים אַתָּה
“…for now, I know that you are a G-d fearing man… (Bereishit 22:12).

ספר בראשית פרק כב פסוק יז כִּי בָרֵךְ אֲבָרֶכְךָ וְהַרְבָּה אַרְבֶּה אֶת זַרְעֲךָ כְּכוֹכְבֵי הַשָּׁמַיִם וְכַחוֹל אֲשֶׁר עַל שְׂפַת 
:הַיָּם וְיִרַשׁ זַרְעֲךָ אֵת שַׁעַר אֹיְבָיו
That I will surely bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand that is on the seashore, and your descendants will inherit the cities of their enemies” (Bereishit 22:17).

No comments:

Post a Comment