Thursday, April 21, 2022

Prayer for Overcoming Negative Influence and Retain our Innate Purity and Holiness

 
Parashat Acharei Mot


Prayer for Overcoming Negative Influence and Retain our Innate Purity and Holiness
 
Coming out of Pesach cleansed and pure,
I pray that this purity will endure.
 
Hashem, I long to remain chametz free?
Please help me remain the best I can be!
 
Strengthen me so I won’t downslide!
I desire by all Your laws to abide.
 
Guard my heart and eyes from temptations,
the abominations of other nations!
 
From Israel keep inappropriate enticements away,
adulterers, pedophiles, and parades of the gay.
 
Empower us to raise the standard of life,
in which every man is faithful to his wife!
 
Remove the scars and negative effect
of childhood wounds and emotional neglect!
 
Grant us all the help we need,
so healthy lives we can lead!
 
What a zchut to live in the Holy Land.
Here we must keep every single command.
 
Help Your people practice separation,
to truly mature into a holy nation!
 
Rid us of the attachments to our phone!
Teach us to defeat fear of being alone!
 
By attaching ourselves to only You,
we can transform and start our lives anew!
 
Hashem, I long to remain chametz free?
Please help me become the best I can be!
 
Let me connect with my deepest essence!
So all my actions reflect Your Presence! 


Based on the Book of Vayikra Chapter 18:
 
ספר ויקרא פרק יח פסוק ג 
כְּמַעֲשֵׂה אֶרֶץ מִצְרַיִם אֲשֶׁר יְשַׁבְתֶּם בָּהּ לֹא תַעֲשׂוּ וּכְמַעֲשֵׂה אֶרֶץ כְּנַעַן אֲשֶׁר אֲנִי מֵבִיא אֶתְכֶם שָׁמָּה לֹא תַעֲשׂוּ וּבְחֻקֹּתֵיהֶם לֹא תֵלֵכוּ:
(ד) אֶת מִשְׁפָּטַי תַּעֲשׂוּ וְאֶת חֻקֹּתַי תִּשְׁמְרוּ לָלֶכֶת בָּהֶם אֲנִי הָשֵׁם אֱלֹהֵיכֶם: 
(ה) וּשְׁמַרְתֶּם אֶת חֻקֹּתַי וְאֶת מִשְׁפָּטַי אֲשֶׁר יַעֲשֶׂה אֹתָם הָאָדָם וָחַי בָּהֶם אֲנִי הָשֵׁם:
“Like the practice of the land of Egypt, in which you dwelled, you shall not do, and like the practice of the land of Canaan, to which I am bringing you, you shall not do, and you shall not follow their statutes. You shall fulfill My ordinances and observe My statutes, to follow them. I am Hashem, your G-d. You shall observe My statutes and My ordinances, which a man shall do and live by them. I am Hashem” (Vayikra 18:3-5).
 
ספר ויקרא פרק יח פסוק כב וְאֶת זָכָר לֹא תִשְׁכַּב מִשְׁכְּבֵי אִשָּׁה תּוֹעֵבָה הִוא
(כד) אַל תִּטַּמְּאוּ בְּכָל אֵלֶּה כִּי בְכָל אֵלֶּה נִטְמְאוּ הַגּוֹיִם אֲשֶׁר אֲנִי מְשַׁלֵּחַ מִפְּנֵיכֶם:
(כה) וַתִּטְמָא הָאָרֶץ וָאֶפְקֹד עֲוֹנָהּ עָלֶיהָ וַתָּקִא הָאָרֶץ אֶת ישְׁבֶיהָ:
(כו) וּשְׁמַרְתֶּם אַתֶּם אֶת חֻקֹּתַי וְאֶת מִשְׁפָּטַי וְלֹא תַעֲשׂוּ מִכֹּל הַתּוֹעֵבֹת הָאֵלֶּה הָאֶזְרָח וְהַגֵּר הַגָּר בְּתוֹכֲכֶם:
(כז) כִּי אֶת כָּל הַתּוֹעֵבֹת הָאֵל עָשׂוּ אַנְשֵׁי הָאָרֶץ אֲשֶׁר לִפְנֵיכֶם וַתִּטְמָא הָאָרֶץ:
(כח) וְלֹא תָקִיא הָאָרֶץ אֶתְכֶם בְּטַמַּאֲכֶם אֹתָהּ כַּאֲשֶׁר קָאָה אֶת הַגּוֹי אֲשֶׁר לִפְנֵיכֶם:
“You shall not lie down with a male, as with a woman: this is an abomination. You shall not defile yourselves by any of these things, for the nations whom I am sending away from before you, have defiled themselves with all these things. And the land became defiled, and I visited its sin upon it, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. But as for you, you shall observe My statutes and My ordinances, and you shall not do like any of these abominations neither the native nor the stranger who sojourns among you. For the people of the land who preceded you, did all these abominations, and the land became defiled. And let the land not vomit you out for having defiled it, as it vomited out the nation that preceded you” (Vayikra 18:22-28).

1 comment: