Sunday, July 24, 2022

Prayer for Divine Guidance for the Stops on Our Way


Parashat Masei


Prayer for Divine Guidance for the Stops on Our Way
 
Hashem, I’ve always sensed the echo of Your hum,
From afar I have journeyed to dance to Your drum!
 
I was born in the north to my dad and my mum,
in a place where people were spiritually numb.
 
Let me follow You, so far away I am from!
Draw me closer to You from wherever I come.
 
It is not always easy to know,
where in the world You want us to go.
 
I pray that Your glory You will show!
With all its rainbow colors let it glow!
 
I believe that every stop here below,
is for a greater purpose to bestow.
 
Show me the root from where my soul derived,
So, I can fathom why I have arrived!
 
From every turn and twist I have dived,
I thank You that I have survived!
 
Even if in some places I have been pained,   
my emunah I hope I still have maintained!
 
I pray that the lessons of each place I have gained,
even if their purpose You haven’t explained!
 
I believe wherever a person embarks,
We are called upon to extract holy sparks.
 
Hashem, I look back at all the stops on our way.
Our lives pass before me like a movie or a replay.
 
I recall when we didn’t know where to stay.
How awesome following Your cloud day by day!
 
Now that we are settled in our land I must say,
this is the time to give thanks to You and to pray! 


Based on Bamidbar Chapter 33 verse 1-3, 34,13
 
ספר במדבר פרק לג פסוק א אֵלֶּה מַסְעֵי בְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל אֲשֶׁר יָצְאוּ מֵאֶרֶץ מִצְרַיִם לְצִבְאֹתָם בְּיַד משֶׁה וְאַהֲרֹן:
(ב) וַיִּכְתֹּב משֶׁה אֶת מוֹצָאֵיהֶם לְמַסְעֵיהֶם עַל פִּי הָשֵׁם וְאֵלֶּה מַסְעֵיהֶם לְמוֹצָאֵיהֶם: (ג) וַיִּסְעוּ מֵרַעְמְסֵס בַּחֹדֶשׁ הָרִאשׁוֹן בַּחֲמִשָּׁה עָשָׂר יוֹם לַחֹדֶשׁ הָרִאשׁוֹן מִמָּחֳרַת הַפֶּסַח יָצְאוּ בְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל בְּיָד רָמָה לְעֵינֵי כָּל מִצְרָיִם: 
“These are the journeys of the children of Israel who left the land of Egypt in their legions, under the charge of Moshe and Aharon. Moshe recorded their starting points for their journeys according to the word of Hashem, and these were their journeys with their starting points. They journeyed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the day following the Pesach sacrifice, the children of Israel left triumphantly before the eyes of all the Egyptians (Bamidbar 33:1-3).
 
ספר במדבר פרק לד פסוק יג
וַיְצַו משֶׁה אֶת בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל לֵאמֹר זֹאת הָאָרֶץ אֲשֶׁר תִּתְנַחֲלוּ אֹתָהּ בְּגוֹרָל אֲשֶׁר צִוָּה הָשֵׁם לָתֵת לְתִשְׁעַת הַמַּטּוֹת וַחֲצִי הַמַּטֶּה:
“Moshe commanded the children of Israel saying, ‘This is the Land which you are to apportion for inheritance through lot, that Hashem has commanded to give to the nine and a half tribes” (Bamidbar 34:13).


No comments:

Post a Comment