Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Prayer for Teshuva and Trusting in Hashem

 
Parashat Devarim


Prayer for Teshuva and Trusting in Hashem
 
Hashem, please forgive me for my lack of trust in You!
Please help me to start over and begin my life anew!
 
Your commandments I desire to adhere.
Help me let go of all the worry and fear!
 
In Your almighty power I want to believe!
Only to Your Divine will I desire to cleave!
`
When Your Divine Supervision I perceive,
Your Presence in my heart will never leave!  
 
I no longer intend to be broken or afraid!
For excessive fear the price I have already paid.
 
I no longer want to feel helpless and dismayed!
Let me return to the path from which I’ve strayed!
 
When I experience how You carry me on Your back,
why should I be afraid of any enemy attack?
 
Guide me to shake off the old musky dust,
so even my guts will in You completely trust!
 
Listening to Your command is an absolute must.
for transforming the world to become perfectly just!
 
Hashem, help me to my new conditions adjust,
letting go of old memories laced by rust!
 
Guide me to leave the past on a forgotten shelf!
Let me follow Your lead and overcome myself!
 
Hashem, may I no longer rebel, and sin,
So, I can overcome my enemies within!
 
Help me let go and let G-d fight all my wars,
letting You navigate while I only work the oars!
 
Let me trust that You lead me to secure shores,
showing me fresh vistas and opening new doors!


Based on Devarim Chapter 1 verse 28-33, 41-45
ספר דברים פרק א פסוק כח אָנָה אֲנַחְנוּ עֹלִים אַחֵינוּ הֵמַסּוּ אֶת לְבָבֵנוּ לֵאמֹר עַם גָּדוֹל וָרָם מִמֶּנּוּ עָרִים גְּדֹלֹת וּבְצוּרֹת בַּשָּׁמָיִם וְגַם בְּנֵי עֲנָקִים רָאִינוּ שָׁם: )כט) וָאֹמַר אֲלֵכֶם לֹא תַעַרְצוּן וְלֹא תִירְאוּן מֵהֶם:
(ל) הָשַׁם אֱלֹהֵיכֶם הַהֹלֵךְ לִפְנֵיכֶם הוּא יִלָּחֵם לָכֶם כְּכֹל אֲשֶׁר עָשָׂה אִתְּכֶם בְּמִצְרַיִם לְעֵינֵיכֶם:
(לא) וּבַמִּדְבָּר אֲשֶׁר רָאִיתָ אֲשֶׁר נְשָׂאֲךָ הָשַׁם אֱלֹהֶיךָ כַּאֲשֶׁר יִשָּׂא אִישׁ אֶת בְּנוֹ בְּכָל הַדֶּרֶךְ אֲשֶׁר הֲלַכְתֶּם עַד בֹּאֲכֶם עַד הַמָּקוֹם הַזֶּה :(לב) וּבַדָּבָר הַזֶּה אֵינְכֶם מַאֲמִינִם בַּיהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם:
(לג) הַהֹלֵךְ לִפְנֵיכֶם בַּדֶּרֶךְ לָתוּר לָכֶם מָקוֹם לַחֲנֹתְכֶם בָּאֵשׁ לַיְלָה לַרְאֹתְכֶם בַּדֶּרֶךְ אֲשֶׁר תֵּלְכוּ בָהּ וּבֶעָנָן יוֹמָם:
“Where shall we go up? Our brothers have discouraged us, saying, ‘A people greater and taller than we; cities great and fortified up to the heavens, and we have even seen the sons of Anakim there.’ And I said to you, ‘Do not be broken or afraid of them. Hashem, your G-d, Who goes before you He will fight for you, just as He did for you in Egypt before your very eyes, and in the desert, where you have seen how Hashem, your G-d, has carried you as a man carries his son, all the way that you have gone, until you have come to this place. But regarding this matter, you do not believe Hashem, your G-d, Who goes before you on the way, to search out a place for you, in which to encamp, in fire at night, to enable you to see on the way you should go, and in a cloud by day…’” (Devarim 1:38-33). 

ספר דברים פרק א פסוק מא וַתַּעֲנוּ וַתֹּאמְרוּ אֵלַי חָטָאנוּ לַיהֹוָה אֲנַחְנוּ נַעֲלֶה וְנִלְחַמְנוּ כְּכֹל אֲשֶׁר צִוָּנוּ הָשַׁם אֱלֹהֵינוּ וַתַּחְגְּרוּ אִישׁ אֶת כְּלֵי מִלְחַמְתּוֹ וַתָּהִינוּ לַעֲלֹת הָהָרָה: (מב) וַיֹּאמֶר הָשַׁם אֵלַי אֱמֹר לָהֶם לֹא תַעֲלוּ וְלֹא תִלָּחֲמוּ כִּי אֵינֶנִּי בְּקִרְבְּכֶם וְלֹא תִּנָּגְפוּ לִפְנֵי אֹיְבֵיכֶם: (מג) וָאֲדַבֵּר אֲלֵיכֶם וְלֹא שְׁמַעְתֶּם וַתַּמְרוּ אֶת פִּי הָשַׁם וַתָּזִדוּ וַתַּעֲלוּ הָהָרָה:

(מד) וַיֵּצֵא הָאֱמֹרִי הַיּשֵׁב בָּהָר הַהוּא לִקְרַאתְכֶם וַיִּרְדְּפוּ אֶתְכֶם כַּאֲשֶׁר תַּעֲשֶׂינָה הַדְּבֹרִים וַיַּכְּתוּ אֶתְכֶם בְּשֵׂעִיר עַד חָרְמָה:
(מה) וַתָּשֻׁבוּ וַתִּבְכּוּ לִפְנֵי הָשַׁם וְלֹא שָׁמַע הָשַׁם בְּקֹלְכֶם וְלֹא הֶאֱזִין אֲלֵיכֶם:
“Then you answered and said to me, ‘We have sinned against Hashem; we will go up and fight, according to all that Hashem, our G-d, has commanded us.’ So every one of you girded his weapons, and you prepared yourselves to go up to the mountain. Then Hashem said to me, ‘Say to them, neither go up nor fight, for I am not among you, lest you be struck down before your enemies.’ So, I spoke to you, but you did not listen, and you rebelled against the command of Hashem, and you acted wickedly and went up to the mountain. And the Amorites, dwelling in that mountain, came out towards you and pursued you as bees do, and beat you down in Seir, as far as Chormah. So, you returned and wept before Hashem, but Hashem would not hear your voice, nor would He listen to you (Devarim 1:41-45).


No comments:

Post a Comment