Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Prayer for Becoming a Resting place for the Shechina, and Playing a Vital Role in the Rebuilding of the Temple

Parashat Teruma


Prayer for Becoming a Resting place for the Shechina,
and Playing a Vital Role in the Rebuilding of the Temple
 
Hashem allow me to use my talents to help build Your eternal home,
so, the entire world can finally experience complete shalom!
 
How good to be able in this endeavor to partake,
and feeling that my contribution a difference can make.
 
Help me avoid needless glitches that steal my time!
Inspire me to find the best words for every rhyme!
 
Support me to apply myself and use every single day,
every moment I pray to serve You in the very best way!
 
Shield me from being caught in the temptations of the internet,
fulfilling my essential callings please don’t let me forget!
 
Lead me on the path of purity and holiness!
Support me so Your mitzvot I won’t transgress!
 
Let my brain become home to Your holy Ark,
As I purify my mind from thoughts of the dark!
 
May I keep spreading my wings on high,
facing others, looking them in the eye!
 
May petty conflicts never tear us apart.
Rather, let Your Menorah ignite my heart!
 
Help me master holy eating, chewing every bite well,
so, I can absorb its holy sparks that in the food fell!
 
Support my endeavor, so I will neither slip nor falter
from letting my inwards become an abode for Your altar!
 
Guide me to make my entire body a holy space,
upon which Your Divine Presence can find a resting place!
 
Please Hashem help us all learn how to truly connect,
understanding how everyone is worthy of respect!
 
Let me play my role in bringing sisters together to become one.
Through our shared efforts the curtain of redemption will be spun! 


Based on the Book of Shemot Chapter 21-24: The Allusions of the Mishkan, by MALBIM, 
Meir Loeb ben Yechiel Michael (1809 –1879), (Volhynia, Ukraine) 

כמו שבגוף האדם אשר הוא לבוש אל כחותיו הנפשיים נמצאו בו אברים וכלים אשר בם ישתמשו הכחות הנפשיות ויוציאו פעולותיהם לחוץ, כן בהכרח שימצא בבית המקדש אשר הוא לבוש וגוף אל האיש הכללי שהוא האומה בכללה אשר ידומה עתה בצרופו בתואר צלם איש פרטי, ג"כ כל הכלים והחלוקות שימצא בגוף איש פרטי, וכן היה באמת, שבגוף אדם פרטי נמצא שלשה חלוקות, א) הראש והגלגלת שהוא מעון ומשכן לנפש המשכלת, ב) מן הצואר עד החזה שם תשכון הנפש החיונית שמשכנה בלב, ג) חלק התחתון של הגויה מן החזה ולמטה שם משכן נפש הטבעיית והצומחת אשר תעשה מלאכה ע"י הכלים שהם האצטומכא והכבד והקרבים...

Just as the human body – the garment of our soul – has limbs that serve to actualize our spiritual powers, likewise the Temple – the garment and body of the cosmic person – the entire nation – also has vessels and body parts like an individual person. There are three parts to the human body: 1. The head and skull – the abode of the Intellectual Soul (Neshama) 2. From the neck to the chest – the abode of the Vital Soul (Ruach) – the location of the heart. 3. The lower part of the body below the chest – the vegetable soul (Nefesh) manifesting through the stomach, liver, and intestines.
 
והיו שני לוחות כנגד המוח שהוא מחולק לשני חלקים...שני בדים לשאת את הארון, הוא עפ"י מ"ש (משלי כ') אוזן שומעת ועין רואה ה' עשה גם שניהם, שלקבלת התורה צריך חוש הראות שיראה בעיניו ויעיין בספר התורה ושיראה מעשה ה' הגדול בעין הבחינה, ושישמע באזניו קבלת האבות ותורה שבע"פ והם הבדים הנושאים את הארון, וידוע שגידי הראות צומחים מן המוח עד העין, וכן גידי השמע צומחים מן המוח עד האזן
The two tablets in the Ark correspond to the brain, which is divided into two parts. The two poles for carrying the Ark correspond to “The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, both of which Hashem has made” (Mishlei 20:12). To receive the Torah, we need the sense of vision to read it. We, furthermore, need a perceiving eye to see the great deeds of Hashem. We also need to hear with our ears the tradition of our ancestors and the Oral Torah. These correspond to the poles that carry the Ark, as it is known that both the visual and auditory centers are connected to the brain. 

עוד צוה לתת שם את המנורה, שהסכימו כולם שהיא מורה על אור ההשכלה והדעת, וכבר כתבתי שהארון היה מורה על חכמת התורה והנבואה שהיא החכמה הבאה רק ע"י הופעת אלהים בנבואה, והמנורה היה מורה על מה שישכיל האדם מדעתו להבין בכח התבונה... התבונה האנושית מיוחס אל הלב כמ"ש הלב מבין...

The Menorah, which alludes to the light of intellect and knowledge, was also placed there. Whereas the Ark alludes to the wisdom of the Torah and prophecy (Chachmah), which emerges only from Divine revelations, the Menorah alludes to that which we understand on our own through (Binah) and is connected to the heart as it states, “The Heart understands…” (Zohar, Part 2:116b).
 
לחצר המשכן והמזבח הנמצא בו, שהוא מגביל נגד האצטומכא וכלי העיכול המיוחדים לנפש הצומחת...
בהכרח היה המזבח נגד האצטומכא וכלים העיזרים לה במלאכת העיכול, שהם יתיכו ויעכלו את הבא בתוכם וישיבוהו לאפר ע"י החום והאש הצפון באצטומכא שהוא אש מן השמים הנמצא שם לשרוף ולהתיך את כל ולהשיב כל חלקיו אל יסודם ושרשם...
The Altar in the courtyard of the Tabernacle corresponds to the stomach and the digestive system – the vessels of the Nefesh. The digestive system digests the food and turns it into ashes by means of the heat and the fire of the stomach, which corresponds to the fire from heaven that consumes the sacrifices to burn and break everything down to its root element.

Every Jew must aspire to reach these two qualities in his personali­ty:  1. “Spread their wings on high”- To yearn to reach the highest heights of holiness and purity.  2. “And their faces turned one to another”- To be involved in what goes on below and extend help to anyone in need.  Another interpretation of “their faces turned one to another”– the two tablets with the Ten Commandments must be joined together. One should not separate the mitzvot between man and G-d. Perfection is achieved by keeping all the mitzvot as one entity.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your explanations. They light up the darkness!

    (from Leon Sutton)

    ReplyDelete