Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Prayer for Restoring Loving Relationships with Siblings

 

Parashat Toldot
Prayer for Restoring Loving Relationships with Siblings


 That the two of us were siblings no one believed,
although in the same womb we were conceived.
 
She was so dark-skinned and hairy,
I was white and smooth like a fairy.
 
She was thin and fragile, while I was strong.
Despite our differences, we grew to get along.
 
For so many years my sister was my very best friend,
but then our mutual loving trust came to a sharp end.
 
Hashem, I wish our deepest closeness would remain.
How do I repair, recover and heal this deepest pain?
 
I ask You Hashem for compassion to heal my open bruise.
Your Loving Feminine Presence I cannot afford to lose.
 
In peace with all my family, I desire to live. 
  Help me focus on the good and learn to forgive.
 
Even if she doesn’t want to understand or really hear,
I am going to accept her constraints, for she is so dear.
 
Even if she isn’t sorry for her lack of communication,
I will do everything in my power to bring reconciliation.
 
For those with whom we share an eternal bond of blood,
we must be willing to pick up sparks buried in the mud.
 
Many families have been torn apart by trivial matters.
How can people allow their hearts to remain in shatters?
 
Blaming others never helps us become our very bests.
Hashem, help me grow, refine, and learn from all my tests!
 
I need to reclaim my broken shards and heal from within.
Hashem give me the strength to accept and repair any sin.
 
Show me the way within the pathways of my heart,
to find common ground, to no longer be torn apart.



Based on Bereishit Chapter 25 and 27:
ספר בראשית פרק כה פסוק כה וַיֵּצֵא הָרִאשׁוֹן אַדְמוֹנִי כֻּלּוֹ כְּאַדֶּרֶת שֵׂעָר וַיִּקְרְאוּ שְׁמוֹ עֵשָׂו:
(כו) וְאַחֲרֵי כֵן יָצָא אָחִיו וְיָדוֹ אֹחֶזֶת בַּעֲקֵב עֵשָׂו וַיִּקְרָא שְׁמוֹ יַעֲקֹב:
“The first one emerged ruddy; he was completely like a coat of hair, and they named him Esau. Afterwards, his brother emerged, and his hand was grasping Esau’s heel, and he named him Ya’acov (Bereishit 25:25-26).  

ספר בראשית פרק כה פסוק כז וַיִּגְדְּלוּ הַנְּעָרִים וַיְהִי עֵשָׂו אִישׁ יֹדֵעַ צַיִד אִישׁ שָׂדֶה וְיַעֲקֹב אִישׁ תָּם ישֵׁב אֹהָלִים:

“Then the youths grew up, and Esau was a man who understood hunting, a man of the field, whereas Ya’acov was a pure man, dwelling in tents” (Bereishit 25:27). 

ספר בראשית פרק כז פסוק לד כִּשְׁמֹעַ עֵשָׂו אֶת דִּבְרֵי אָבִיו וַיִּצְעַק צְעָקָה גְּדֹלָה וּמָרָה עַד מְאֹד וַיֹּאמֶר לְאָבִיו בָּרֲכֵנִי גַם אָנִי אָבִי: (לה) וַיֹּאמֶר בָּא אָחִיךָ בְּמִרְמָה וַיִּקַּח בִּרְכָתֶךָ:

“When Esau heard his father’s words, he cried out a great and bitter cry, and he said to his father, ‘Bless me too, O my father!’ But he said, ‘Your brother came with cunning and took your blessing’ (Bereishit 27:34-35). 
ספר בראשית פרק כז פסוק לח
וַיֹּאמֶר עֵשָׂו אֶל אָבִיו הַבֲרָכָה אַחַת הִוא לְךָ אָבִי בָּרֲכֵנִי גַם אָנִי אָבִי וַיִּשָּׂא עֵשָׂו קֹלוֹ וַיֵּבְךְּ:
“Then Esau said to his father, ‘Have you [but] one blessing, my father? Bless me too, my father.’ So, Esau raised his voice and wept (Bereishit 27:34-35).

No comments:

Post a Comment