Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Prayer for Soothing Troubles and Enjoying a Tranquil Life


Parashat Vayeshev


Prayer for Soothing Troubles and Enjoying a Tranquil Life
 
Only You Hashem, know how many troubles I’ve been through,
the many sorrows, struggles, and trials that in my life accrue.
 
Please Hashem I pray that You help my distress to soothe.
I need a break, and only You can make my life smooth.
 
I am tired of confrontations, glitches, and strife.
I long to be just an ordinary surrendered wife.
 
Please Hashem grant me just a little respite.
What’s wrong with living simply and politely?
 
Will we ever completely comprehend,
for what purpose in this world, we were sent?
 
Yes, I am keenly aware that every single test,
is from You, Hashem, all designed for my best.
 
I don’t want to sound like an ungrateful complainer.
Perceiving the blessings in my life is a no-brainer.
 
I’m thankful for being healthy, and for my supportive spouse,
for food on the table, and for living securely in our house. 
 
Although I don’t believe that I deserve all of this,
I am still yearning for more serenity and bliss.
 
The best way to overcome depressing worry and fear,
is by experiencing Your presence so real and so near.
 
Therefore, open my eyes to see beyond the surface that confine.
So, my life can become filled with consciousness of the Divine.
 
Let me behold every greeting flower petal as Your extension!
Help me awaken my soul to connect with the inner dimension!
 
Knowing that nothing is perfect until Your house is built,
is it too much to ask for, getting my prayers fulfilled?
 
Tell me Hashem how can I start anew and do things right,
to enjoy a life of celebration, gladness, and light.  


Based on Bereishit Chapter 37: verse 1 and 2 with Rashi


ספר בראשית פרק לז פסוק א וַיֵּשֶׁב יַעֲקֹב בְּאֶרֶץ מְגוּרֵי אָבִיו בְּאֶרֶץ כְּנָעַן:
(ב) אֵלֶּה תֹּלְדוֹת יַעֲקֹב יוֹסֵף בֶּן שְׁבַע עֶשְׂרֵה שָׁנָה הָיָה רֹעֶה אֶת אֶחָיו בַּצֹּאן וְהוּא נַעַר אֶת בְּנֵי בִלְהָה וְאֶת בְּנֵי זִלְפָּה נְשֵׁי אָבִיו וַיָּבֵא יוֹסֵף אֶת דִּבָּתָם רָעָה אֶל אֲבִיהֶם:
“Ya’acov dwelt in the land of his father’s sojournings, in the land of Canaan. These are the generations of Ya’acov: when Yosef was seventeen years old, being a shepherd, he was with his brothers with the flocks, and he was a youth, [and was] with the sons of Bilhah and with the sons of Zilpah, his father’s wives; and Yosef brought evil tales about them to their father” (Bereishit 37:1-2).
 
רש"י על בראשית פרק לז פסוק ב
נדרש בו וישב ביקש יעקב לישב בשלוה קפץ עליו רוגזו של יוסף צדיקים מבקשים לישב בשלוה אומר הקב"ה לא דיין לצדיקים מה שמתוקן להם לעוה"ב אלא שמבקשים לישב בשלוה בעוה"ז:
…It is further expounded upon [as follows]: “dwelt” (verse 1) When Ya’acov sought to dwell in tranquility, the troubles of Yosef sprang upon him. The righteous seek to dwell in tranquility. Said the Holy One, blessed be He, “What is prepared for the righteous in the world to come is not sufficient for them, but they seek [also] to dwell in tranquility in this world!” (Rashi, Bereishit 37:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment