Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Prayer for Protection and a Successful Journey When Leaving the Land

Parashat Vayeitzei


Prayer for Protection and a Successful Journey When Leaving the Land 
 
Hashem, please shield me under Your protective hand. 
You know how much I fear leaving the holy land! 

But it is Your will that I honor my father and mother,
just as Ya’acov did when he ran away from his brother. 

Please send Your angels to watch over me through high and low!
Let me feel safe and sound, wherever in the world I need to go!

Protect me from exposure to the virus or any threatening germ!
May the Covid test result arrive in time for my flight to confirm! 

Keep the synthetic perfumes far away from me. 
Grant me the energy to keep going wherever I be!

Let me bring happiness to everyone I hold dear,
reconnecting with them all, whether far or near!

Allow me to sleep soundly and receive a holy dream!
Guide me on my journey to stay balanced and not extreme!

On all my arduous stops grant me all my basic needs,
including kosher green smoothies with edible weeds! 

Just as the twinkled stars shimmer in Your sky,
Let me sparkle Your holy light from on high!  

Wherever You guide my steps, may I reflect Your light!
Let me inspire everyone with Your words so bright!  

May my modest, colorful scarves motivate women on my way!
May they open themselves to receive the messages I relay!  

Infuse me with holiness and let my spiritual needs be met! 
Keep me focused on never the Land of Israel to forget!

Let me accomplish my tasks overseas and reach my goal,
for the holy land will always be the home of my soul. 

It is not easy passing the tests wherever I roam.
Please send Your angels to bring me safely back home!



Based on Bereishit Chapter 28: 

ספר בראשית פרק כח פסוק ז וַיִּשְׁמַע יַעֲקֹב אֶל אָבִיו וְאֶל אִמּוֹ וַיֵּלֶךְ פַּדֶּנָה אֲרָם:

“Then Ya’acov listened to his father and his mother, and he went to Padan aram” (Bereishit 28:7).

ספר בראשית פרק כח פסוק י וַיֵּצֵא יַעֲקֹב מִבְּאֵר שָׁבַע וַיֵּלֶךְ חָרָנָה:

“Ya’acov left Beer sheba, and he went to Haran” (Bereishit 28:10).
ספר בראשית פרק כח פסוק יב 
וַיַּחֲלֹם וְהִנֵּה סֻלָּם מֻצָּב אַרְצָה וְרֹאשׁוֹ מַגִּיעַ הַשָּׁמָיְמָה וְהִנֵּה מַלְאֲכֵי אֱלֹהִים עֹלִים וְיֹרְדִים בּוֹ:
“Then he dreamed and behold! a ladder set up on the ground and its top reached to heaven; and behold, angels of G-d were ascending and descending upon it” (Bereishit 28:12).

ספר בראשית פרק כח פסוק טו וְהִנֵּה אָנֹכִי עִמָּךְ וּשְׁמַרְתִּיךָ בְּכֹל אֲשֶׁר תֵּלֵךְ וַהֲשִׁבֹתִיךָ אֶל הָאֲדָמָה הַזֹּאת כִּי לֹא אֶעֱזָבְךָ עַד אֲשֶׁר אִם עָשִׂיתִי אֵת אֲשֶׁר דִּבַּרְתִּי לָךְ: 

“Behold, I am with you, and I will guard you wherever you go, and I will restore you to this land, for I will not forsake you until I have done what I have spoken concerning you” (Bereishit 28:15).

ספר בראשית פרק כח פסוק כ 
וַיִּדַּר יַעֲקֹב נֶדֶר לֵאמֹר אִם יִהְיֶה אֱלֹהִים עִמָּדִי וּשְׁמָרַנִי בַּדֶּרֶךְ הַזֶּה אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי הוֹלֵךְ וְנָתַן לִי לֶחֶם לֶאֱכֹל וּבֶגֶד לִלְבֹּשׁ: כא) וְשַׁבְתִּי בְשָׁלוֹם אֶל בֵּית אָבִי וְהָיָה הָשֵׁם לִי לֵאלֹהִים:
כב) וְהָאֶבֶן הַזֹּאת אֲשֶׁר שַׂמְתִּי מַצֵּבָה יִהְיֶה בֵּית אֱלֹהִים וְכֹל אֲשֶׁר תִּתֶּן לִי עַשֵּׂר אֲעַשְּׂרֶנּוּ לָךְ:
“Ya’acov uttered a vow, saying, ‘If G-d will be with me, and He will guard me on this way, upon which I am going, and He will give me bread to eat and a garment to wear; 21 And if I return in peace to my father's house, and Hashem will be my G-d; 
22 Then this stone, which I have placed as a monument, shall be a house of G-d, and everything that You give me, I will surely tithe to You” (Bereishit 28:20-22).


No comments:

Post a Comment