Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Prayer for Peaceful Sleep and Sweet Dreams

Parashat Mikeitz

Prayer for Peaceful Sleep and Sweet Dreams
 
The sun has set, and the stars are shining bright.
Now is the time to pray for sleeping well tonight.
 
Hashem will You please remain my faithful shield,  
to free me from effects of the electromagnetic field.
 
Help me to turn off my computer along with my phone,
and their enticing, addictive powers to disown.
 
Support me to get ready for bed at the perfect time,
to sleep enough without the need for an alarm or chime.
 
Free me from restless, worried, distracting thoughts.
Calm me from anything that makes me feel distraught.  
 
Help remove annoying insects and mosquitoes that fly around,
So, our sleep won’t be disturbed by their buzzing and wining sound.
 
Let my family and I easily fall soundly asleep!
 Facilitate everyone’s sleep to be restful and deep!
 
You know how much we all need this peaceful rest,
so, we will awake with energy to serve You best.
 
Allow us to sleep soundly the entire night,
so, we can awake before the morning light.
 
Help me truly forgive anyone who may have hurt me,
Remind me how they serve as a mirror for me to see.  
 
Protect me from nightmares and from disturbing dreams!
Grant me safe and clear visions of delightful streams!
 
Let all my dreams be so sweet, so pure and so clean!
Help me remember them, so I their lessons can glean!
 
Let not Your subtle loving messages be misunderstood!
Strengthen my ability to interpret all dreams for good!
 
Like Yosef, Your revelations I yearn to receive.
In Your ways of holiness, I desire to cleave.


Based on Bereishit Chapter 41 which describes Pharaoh’s dreams and Yosef’s interpretations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment